The Chairman - Khalid Ahmed Yousuf Zainal Alireza
Mr. Alireza is a leading private sector businessman in Saudi Arabia. He is a founder partner and Vice Chairman of Xenel Industries Ltd, a holding company with investments in many large joint ventures with international companies in petrochemicals, engineering, construction, services and trading. He has a BE and ME in Industrial Engineering and Operation Research from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Xenel Industries Ltd. (Vice Chairman)
- Saudi Cable Company (Chairman)
- Alujain Corporation (Chairman)
- Hidada Limited (Chairman)
- Safra Company Limited (Chairman & CEO)
- National Petrochemical Industrial Company (NATPET) (Chairman)
- Served on the Board of Directors of Saudi Arabian Standards Organization.
- Jeddah Chamber of Commerce & Industry (Board Member & Chairman of the Industrial Committee).
- Member, World Economic Forum Council, WEF International Business Council, Geneva, Switzerland
- Member, Prince of Wales Rain-forests Project Steering Group Committee
- Member, Board of Trustees of U.C. Berkeley
- Member, U.S. – Saudi Arabian Business Council
- Trustee and Chairman, Finance Committee of Oxford Center for Islamic Studies, Oxford University
And also member of other prestigious organizations devoted to education and world harmony.
Award of Commendatory (C.O.M.R.I.) Commander of Italian Order of Chivalry by decree of President of Italy in the Italian Order of Merit.
Dr. Abdullah S. Dahlan
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Founder of the University of Business and Technology in Jeddah (UBT)
- Economics writer
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the University of Business and Technology (UBT).
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Saudi Education Company .
- President of Coral International School in Jeddah "Foreign Schools".
- Board Member of Trustees of the King Fahd National Library.
- President of the Economic Center for Research.
- President of the office of Dr. Abdullah Sadig Dahlan Economic Consulting, administrative and educational.
- Board Member of Turin International Training Institute.
- Board Member of the Arab-Swiss Chamber.
- Vice President of the Arab Chamber of Portuguese Arab side.
- President of Alminwal for Commerce and Investment.
- Board Member of Alujain Corporation.
- Board Member of National Petrochemical Industrial Company (NATPET).
Previous activities and memberships :
- President of the Saudi-Egyptian Business Council for the Saudi side.
- Member of the Saudi Shura Council.
- Board Member of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Vice Chairman of the Arab Labor Organization (ALO).
- Vice Chairman of the Organization of International Business Owners.
- Board member of the Arab Society for the former management
- Member of the Association of Arab economy.
- Member of the Saudi Arabia-China Joint.
- Lecturer at the Faculty of Economics and Management at the University of King Abdul Aziz.
- Secretary General of the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce for 18 years.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of (Albilad) for press and publishing, the first Saudi newspaper.
- Board Member of Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia).
- Board Member of the Directors of the Western Electric.
- Board Member of the (Aldar Alsaudiah) Consulting.
- International Labour Blog.
- Economics of projects.
- Regional Marketing for Gulf Products.
- Consultant and management consultants.
- Public Relations and International Chambers of Commerce.
- Industrial cities and its factors.
- Economic performance of the industrial and commercial sectors in the Kingdom and the function of chambers of commerce in maximizing the performance.
- Administrative leadership.
- Saudi private sector. Featured achievements in the development process.
- Evaluation of industrial policies in Saudi Arabia and the response of the policies of industrial installations.
- Saudi Arabia Golden Business.
- Economic Dialogue.
- Studies in the basics of investing and financing configure and manage securities portfolios.
- Studies in finance and financial analysis study of networking capital.
- Disaster of poverty in the Arab world.
- Small enterprises and their role in the fight against poverty.
- Arabic , English , French.
Date and place of Birth 6th April, 1941 - Kuwait.
Married status Married with one daughter
- Commissioned from The Military Academy , U.K - 1963.
- Royal School of Military Engineers,Richmond-Kent U.K.
- Industrial Course at Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, Netherlands - 1968.
Past Experience :
- Second-in-Command, Kuwait Army Engineers, 1965 – 1968.
- Member of Staff, Kuwait Military Academy, 1967 – 1968.
- Board Member, Trustees Council, Contemporary Arab studies Center – George Town University, Washington, 1988 - 1993
- Board Member, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Kuwait University, 1994 – 1997.
- Board Member, Faculty of Engineering and Petroleum, Kuwait University, 1996 – 1997
Employment & Business :
- Secretariat of ARABAL (Arab Aluminium Forum) which was started in 1983. This year “2014” in Bahrain
- Chairman, Kuwait Industries Company, Ksc, State of Kuwait
- Vice Chairman, Al Madina Investment Co., Sultanate of Oman, since 1998
- Board Member, Al Madina Real Estate Co., Sultanate of Oman, since 2005
- Board Member, Al Ahlia University, Bahrain, since 2004
- Board Member, Al Shaza Muscat Hotel SAOC, Sultanate of Oman, since 2009
Association & Membership:
- Life Member, World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF: The 1001 Club), Switzerland, Since 1983.
- Member, Kuwait Economic Society, Kuwait, since 1985
- Member, Kuwait Environment Protection Society, Kuwait, since 1983
- Member, Arab Thought Forum, Jordan, since 1982
- Member of Board, Arab Businessmen Federation, Jordan, since 1998
- Member, Board of Trustee, The Kuwait - America Foundation, Kuwait, since 1991
- Executive Committee Member, Kuwait-British Friendship Society, Kuwait, since 2006
- Member of Board, Arab Investors Federation – Egypt, since 2003
- Member, EWEA (European Wind Energy Association & AWEA (American
Wind Energy Association)
- President’s Medal, Lion of Republic of Finland, December 1996.
- Senior Citizenship, Republic of Turkey, December 2010
Khalid Ibrahim Zagzoog
Managing Director / Board Member
Eng. Khalid Zagzoog is currently holding responsibilities in various group companies. He is Board Member of Safra Co. Ltd. Jeddah, which operates a large hydrocarbon solvents refinery in Yanbu Industrial City. He is also the Managing Director/Board Member of Alujain Corporation, as well as its subsidiary National Petrochemical Industrial Company (NATPET).
Eng. Khalid had joined Safra in 1991 as Marketing Manager and was instrumental in implementing various business development programs such as products diversification, obtaining products approval from major national/international customers, running advertising campaigns, expanding market share, business process re-engineering, establishing strategic alliances etc. Eng. Khalid also played a key role in carrying out personnel development programs, as well as in the implementation of SAP program in the organization.
Eng. Khalid has also been responsible for preparing business plans for the company as well as for devising and implementing various management strategies and programs.
In 1995, Eng. Khalid Zagzoog took over as General Manager and later in May 2004 was elevated to the position of President of Safra.
Prior to joining Safra, Eng. Khalid had worked with Al Khazindar Company, Riyadh; Saudi Automotive Service Company (SASCO), Jeddah and Architecture and Engineering Office, Jeddah.
Mr. Zagzoog holds a B.S. in Structural Engineering from the University of Southern California, USA.
Eng. Abdullah Rehaimi
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering - King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Saudi Arabia in 1975
- Joined the program of Appropriations - Manhattan Bank of America for the period (1975 -1977).
- Started the career in Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF), assumed a number of administrative positions and with the last position being Assistant Director General. Worked in government and private institutions in a variety of fields including business management, project financing, financial affairs and freelancing, etc.
- Was member of many professional committees in both the governmental and social institutions.
- Was appointed in 2003 and until March 2011 by Royal decree as President of the Presidency of Civil Aviation Ministry of Defense and Civil Aviation, which is now known as the General Authority for Civil Aviation.
Other Board membership:
- Savola Group - a representative of the Public Investment Fund - Ministry of Finance.
- Saudi Arabian Airlines (appointed by the Ministry of Defense and Aviation in Saudi Arabia).
- Saudi Turkish Investment Holdings (appointed by the Ministry of Finance for a period of three (3) years).
- The Eastern Province Cement Company (appointed by the Ministry of Finance for a period of 3 years and then continued for two terms of two for every one of them 3 years.
- National Company for Cooperative Insurance (appointed by the Ministry of Finance for a period of three (3) years.
- United Insurance Company - State of Bahrain (he was appointed by the Ministry of Finance for a period of three (3) years.
- The National Commercial Bank - Saudi Arabia (he was appointed by the Ministry of Finance).
- Saudi Corporation for the Development of Entrepreneurship (a non-profit organization supported by the body of Nations).
- Saudi Credit & Saving Bank.
- Herfy Food Services (Member of the Board of Directors Non-executive).
- The National Commercial Bank - a representative of the Public Investment Fund (Ministry of Finance).
Eng. Omar Hashim Khalifati
Nationality: Saudi Arabia
- Chairman: Real Estate Commercial Company, Owner of Jamjoom Commercial Center-2009 Present
- Member of the Board of Alujain Corp. (Petrochemical Manufacturer) and Chairman of the Audit Committee
- Chairman of the Audit Committees of Saudi Cable Company (Energy and Communication Cable Manufacturer)
Education: MSc. Engineering/ Professional Engineer in Industrial Engr’g.
Boston University and Columbia University, USA – 1974
- Industrial Engineer: worked as a junior industrial engineer in Machlett Laboratories, a subsidiary of Raytheon in the US-1967-1968
- Business Manager, Deputy GM, GM, President and Manager Director of Saudi Cable Company-1975-1990
- Chairman: Alahli Takaful Insurance Company-2007-2010
- Member of the Industrial Committee of Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) – 2001-2008
- Chairman/CEO Xeca (IT Services Provider)-March 2001-March 2006
- Chairman of the Board of the Jeddah Human Resources Development Center of JCCI – 2001-2005
- Member of the Board of Dallah Albarakah Group Holding Company
- Member of the Board of Dallah Agriculture Company
- Member of the Board of Altawfiq and Alamin Investment Company
- Chairman of the Board of Dallah Industries Company (Industrial Holding Company with investment throughout the Middle East and North Africa)
- Chairman of the Board of Halawani Brothers Company (Food Processing)
- Chairman of the Board of SIDI (Compact Disk Manufacturer)
- Chairman of the Board of Sabayek (Ferro-Alloy Mfr.)
- Vice-Chairman of Midal Cables (Aluminum Cables Manufacturer)
- Member of the Board of United Gulf Industries (UGIC) in Bahrain
- Member of the Board of Saudi Advance Industries (SAIC) Industrial Holding Company in Riyadh
- Member of the Board of Aircraft Accessories and Components Company (Aircraft components and engines rebuilding)
Areas of interest:
- Information Technology as an enabler of attaining competitive advantage for business enterprises and government agencies.
- Strategic Planning as a tool to re-structure businesses and re-invent processes to attain growth and continuity.
- Globalization as it effects business/industry in developing countries.
- Cultural understanding through cross borders business cooperation and alliances.
- Creating jobs for youth in the MENA region.
Eng. Matouq Jannah
Mr. Matouq Jannah holds BSc in Chemical Engineering from King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
Mr. Jannah is Chairman of Board of Directors for Bonar Natpet Geosynthetics, Board member of Alujain Corporation and Zain Industries, and Member of Executive Committee of Natpet- Schulman specialty plastic compounds project.
In addition to above positions Mr. Jannah also handles Operations & Maintenance of National Petrochemical Industrial Co. (Natpet)
Mr. Jannah had been in the board of other well-known companies; PETROMIN SHELL REFINERY (SASREF); Heavy Oil Conversion Company, Bahrain; Jeddah Oil Refinery.
He also worked in various other senior positions, few among them being Senior Vice President-Projects Division of Safra Co. Ltd, Executive Managing Director of JEDDAH OIL REFINERY, Senior Vice President in SAMARIC Executive Managing Director and President of PETROMIN SHELL REFINERY (SASREF) as well as Managing Director & Executive Vice President of SASREF. He was also employed in Shell Haven Refinery in the UK and with Shell in Holland. Additionally, he represented PETROMIN in Holland as a shareholder Executive Committee Member in Petromin and Shell Refinery Joint Venture.
His core responsibilities include designing, developing projects related to petrochemicals and down-stream industry from the concept until realization and to ensure its continuous operation through team work, by implementing best practices to deliver excellent operating standards as well as providing cost effective solutions
Mr. Jannah has also undergone various courses, attended various conferences and Oil & Gas Symposiums OPEC and Arab World Energy conferences.
Adnan Kamel Salah
Mr. Salah is the Chairman of International Transport & Contracting Co., Ltd, Jeddah which is involved in all aspects of land transportation of goods and petroleum products throughout Saudi Arabia with network offices in major cities. He is also the Managing Director of Quadriga Ltd., Jeddah, a holding company specialized in providing high quality investment services in a wide range of Industrial, Trade and Finance in Saudi Arabia and in other countries.
- Director, National Petrochemical Industrial Company (NATPET),Jeddah
- Director, Alujain Corporation, Jeddah
- Director, International Bunkering Company Limited, Jeddah
- Director, Aswaq Co. Limited, Jeddah
- Managing Director, Mekkah Advertising & PR Co., Jeddah
- Managing Director, Banawi Factories, Jeddah
- Deputy Director General, TIHAMA for Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Company, Jeddah
- Managing Director, Al Bandar International Company, Jeddah
Mr. Salah is also a columnist and freelance writer. He writes on political and other issues in Al-Madina newspaper and other publications.
MR. ALI ABDULLA KANOO
Director, Alujain Corporation
Mr. Ali Abdulla Kanoo is the Regional Director-Saudi Arabia of YBA Kanoo Company Limited since March 2012. Mr. Ali joined YBA Kanoo (Joint Venture Division, Kanoo Group Finance, Commercial & Machinery Group) in 1997 and served in various positions within the Group, such as Area Manager-Western Province (stationed in Jeddah) (Oct 2004 to Feb 2012), also taking charge as Area Manager-Central Province (Feb 2009 to Feb. 2012). Prior to this, he also worked with Saudi American Bank as Treasury Money Market Trader (1995-1997).
Mr. Ali Kanoo also did military service during the Operation Desert Storm.
Other positions currently held:
- Director – Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (Holdings) W.L.L. (since October 2010)
- Director – Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo Company Ltd. (Saudi Arabia)
- Director – United Arab Shipping Agencies Co. (SA) Ltd.
- Director – Inspectorate International (Saudi Arabia) Limited.
- Director – Baroid Saudi Arabia Limited
- Director - Mercantile Shipping Agencies Ltd
- Director - Arabian Sulphonates Company
- Director – Alujain Corporation
- Director – Arab Paper Manufacturing Co. (WARAQ)
- Director – AXA Cooperative Insurance Company
- Member – Eastern Province Tourism Development Council
Education & Training:
- Undergone Training in Kanoo Shipping Division (1994)
- Graduated from the American University, Washington with Finance as major (Aug 1990 – Feb 1994).
- King Fahad University (Industrial Management 1987-1990)
- Sheikh Abdulaziz Secondary School with concentration (Mathematics and Physics) graduated 1987